Friday, July 18, 2008

Update 7/17/08

Hi Friends,
Today we met with Tom's Houston oncologist and Tom has decided to stay on his current chemo treatment.

Since things are so stable now I think the blog postings will become less frequent but if anything changes we will let you know. As always good thoughts and prayers are requests.

Love Theresa

Friday, July 11, 2008

Update 7/11/08

Hi everyone,
It is late but wanted to give you an update. Today's NIH visit went great. There are some tax dollars being well spent!

We met with several amazing neuro oncologists (including Dr. Fine) who reviewed all of Tom's records and scans. There was general agreement that so far we have had excellent care but Tom was invited to join in one of three studies. The studies take the same basic approach we have been using but use new (and hopefully) more aggressive drugs. The drugs are all experimental so we can only use them in a study situation. Alternatively we can continue with the care we have been getting using an experimental protocol with more traditional drugs.

We have a lot to think and pray about but are excited about the second opinion and new options. We are meeting with our Houston oncologist, Dr. Kew Monday so we can discuss what we learned.

Thank you for your continued interest and support. We will be home soon!

Love Theresa