Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Wine tasting for Tom



On June 29, 2009 Lonnie and Sue Cox held a wine tasting in Tom's honor. They won the wine tasting at the fund raiser and were so gracious to conduct it in Tom's honor. It was hard not to drink his share of the nectar.(I refrained and drove home).

When Tom and I used to go to events like this together it was always interesting. Usually I wanted to go and stay, and laugh, and socialize and Tom wanted to make an appearance, be nice, bring flowers, and leave.

Maybe he rubbed off on me. Now all I want to do is to make an appearance, be nice, bring flowers, and leave. This night was special though and I remain so grateful for the friends and family that stay in touch and still love Tom so very much. I'm so afraid people will forget.

4 comments:

mikon haaksman said...

Forget? Tom? How?
I just found some pictures that Alan took of Tom out on an oil rig that are nice. I'll try to get them e-mailed to you. I think about Tom every day.

mikon haaksman said...

Forget? Tom? How?
I just found some pictures that Alan took of Tom out on an oil rig that are nice. I'll try to get them e-mailed to you. I think about Tom every day.

Joanne Vest said...

There are a lot of words I could use to describe Tom, but forgetable is certainly not one of them. He will live on forever all of our hearts! You can count on that...

Love,
Joanne

Anonymous said...

I read the blog posting on the wine tasting last week and I tried to post a message to you, but it keeps giving me an error message. So I hope you don't mind that I am emailing you, but I just wanted to put your fears at ease... Tom is unforgettable. You meet a person like Tom once in a lifetime and you
treasure every moment and memory you have with them.

I would always go to Tom for advice on projects and he would always steer me in the right direction. Now when I am working on a project, I often ask
myself, "What would Tom do?" and go from there. I miss him sooooo much, especially his laugh. He had the best laugh.

I will never ever forget him, you or the times we shared.

I just wanted you to know that.

Lov ya,
Suzanne