Friday, September 11, 2009

Tom's Pebbles in Minnesota


Our dear friends Jen and Mike Klein took Tom on their family vacation to the lakes of Minnesota.

Jen writes:

This is the channel between Crow Wing 5 and Crow Wing 6 in Nevis, Minnesota. These lakes are two of my most favorite places in the entire world. Michael and the kids and I placed Tom's pebbles here on our annual trip to Minnesota.

Tom is in good company here. There are lots of bass and bluegill as well as turtles, frogs, beavers, and deers. The resident Bald Eagle is currently nesting in the trees at the mouth of the channel. (This year, we got to see him swoop and catch a fish and fly away!) There are gorgeous sunrises, sunsets, and it's the perfect spot for watching a great storm roll in, or for just relaxing and waiting patiently for the fish to bite.

It is not hard to imagine Tom liking this place and it is easy for me to see Tom here -- relaxing on the shore with his feet up and a good book; taking video of the lake as Michael drives the boat; playing with Julia and Sasha in the crystal clear cooold water.

We did not get a decent picture of the picture of Tom and his pebbles but I think Michael captured the beauty of the place and the moment. I am happy that part of Tom is in a place that I love so much and in a place where I will get to visit him every year as will my kids and hopefully one day their kids.

Love, Jen

No comments: