Saturday, March 6, 2010

A paver for Tom

Dear friends,
For quite a while I have thinking of a way to commemorate Tom with something physical and long-lasting. Recently I was at Memorial Park and saw their renovation of the Tennis Center. In the main walkway they are laying 12" x 12" inscribed concrete pavers with inscriptions which they are selling for $1,000 each. Given that so much of the donation goes to support Memorial Park, a place Tom spent many an hour an hour on hot and cold runs, I think this is a great commemoration.

Tentatively I will inscribe (limited to 3 lines 20 charaters each):

Tom James Lawrence
All you need is love
1956 - 2009

I'll let you know when it is laid in place.

Love Theresa

1 comment:

Suzanne said...

Hey Theresa,

I think that is a great idea and a lovely tribute!