Sunday, June 24, 2007

6.24.07


Hi Everyone,


To begin, my apologies for the delay in communicating. I no longer have Internet access at the hospital. Tom continues to do great. After a very short stay in ICU he is in his own room. He is in Main 432 but if possible please call me instead of his room number. That way if he is sleeping I can take a message. He still gets tired easily but is stronger every day. Yesterday Tom had another MRI and although we have not seen the films the early reports are positive. I am at the hospital a lot and can tell you the staff is great. He is getting terrific care. All your prayers are really helping! And speaking of thanks, once again I need to thank each and every one of you, and people that are not on the email list at all (I divided the list into 6 parts so as to reduce the possibility it is going into your spam). Thank you for your love, prayers, flowers, food, doggie care, DVDs, books, food, cards, gift cards and so many other things. Without this support I could not be at the hospital as much as I am. Please continue to pass the good news on (Tom is hearing from people we have not seen in years and is really touching our hearts). Tom has had some great visitors. My Mom and Dad, Michael, Becky, Tommy, Laurel, and Jeffery. The funniest "visitor" yesterday was an entire passel of the breakfast club from our runner group. Tom was about to leave for his MRI so we had 8 or 9 people zipping in and out of the ICU in 2 minute increments. The staff taking pity on us (and being quite amused) let the entire team in together to take the attached picture! Tom was grinning for hours! I'll write more tonight or early Monday.

No comments: