Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Update 4/29/08 update

Well radiation started today. Day one of 33. Or is it Day 1 of 33. Guess I'm tired if I can't recall my grammar.

Anyway it went fine. Tom has two great women helping him during the radiation (and another if I may be lacking in modesty....sitting in the waiting room).

So here is what happens:
1. They lay Tom on a table.



2. They place the mask on his precious head and attach it to the table.




3. They zap him for about 15 minutes. During this time he can listen to his IPOD through their stereo. I'm guessing there was some old Zepplin in the mix.









4. .. and they watch him the entire time on four cameras.




5. They let us go home.

I'll be going with Tom all week and we will see how he reacts to the external beam radiation treatment. Perhaps after that he can go alone.

As I mentioned earlier he will go for 33 treatments which takes over six weeks. We are so blessed to have understanding employers and live near a world class medical center. But I know Tom will be way ready for a beer come mid-June!

Love Theresa

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hang in there guys! Good vibes continuing to come your way.

P

Texas Trail Runner said...

T & T,

We are so glad that you have understanding bosses during this trying time. You are also very lucky to have each other. Always thinking of you......

Jen and Bruce

Texas Trail Runner said...

T & T,

We are so glad that you have understanding losses during this trying time. You guys are also very lucky to have each other. Always thinking of you.....

Jen and Bruce

Anonymous said...

Thanks so much for keeping us posted, Theresa. You're so good to my brother.
--Chris