Friday, December 4, 2009

The Low Spark of High Heeled Boys

I was looking through some old CDs I found in Tom's office. One was called "Funny and Cool Stuff". I opened it and found some jokes, some compromising pictures of cheerleaders at a pro game doing very high kicks, and some cute pictures of dogs and lion cubs.


Then there was a Word doc called "from Theresa" dated 6/17/02. It said:
Hi Tom,

I was driving into work this morning listening to The Low Spark of High Heeled Boys and they sang the line: "if they offered you one final wish, for something simple as this, would you ask for something like another chance..."

So I thought about what my final wish would be. And I thought about world peace and a large Wendy's fries but realized that within the scope of a reasonable final wish there was only one choice: a long hug with you. Now if it ever comes to that know that they would have to rip me away crying and screaming but would I be ever so grateful for that hug.

Thank you for being part of my life. Love T


And it really cracked me up that over seven years ago, I knew that Tom's hugs were the greatest thing in the world and I never stopped thinking that. I don't recall writing this to Tom, and I sure did not know he saved it but it still so very true that if I ever get that final wish, I will never ever let go.

No comments: