Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Update 3/12/08


Wow I think I just broke through the hospital's blog filter. For two days I could not post on site. Yipee!

Anyway Tom is doing super today. He has pain but also has drugs which I always think is a great combination (like bittersweet chocolate and a nice cab...). At this moment is is getting an ultrasound. I can't show an actual picture right now because they won't let me photograph it. It is Phillips Doplar IU22. I'm not sure why they think it is top secret as this picture is on the web. Anyway this is going on up and down his legs and should help someone evaluate his long standing blood clot.

They keep promising to move him to his own room soon but the hospital is still full. I'm sure he will be in a private room soon. Overall he is weak and a little goofy but healing very well.

We have met with Dr. Kew, Tom's oncologist and have determined the next course of treatment (more chemo, no radiation). Thanks for your continued interest.

Love Theresa

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

As far as I know, Theresa, Methodist has no blog filter, although they are hella against some online gaming sites.

My thoughts have been with you and Tom the last couple of days, and I'd like to come by and say hi if it's okay.

I'll be over at the Hospital at a meeting at 10 am, but I'll be free afterwards.

Wishing you both well...