Monday, March 3, 2008

Update 3/3/08 5 a.m.



Thank you for checking in.

Last June when Tom was first diagnosed with a brain tumor the love and prayers he received from all over the country were amazing. I fully credit them with the very successful eight months we have had. Aside from an annoying blood clot in his leg, Tom has been doing terrific.

Last Friday during his MRI a tumor recurrence was spotted. Unlike his first event which was the size of a golf ball this growth is described as a 1 cm “button.” It should be easily removed and we will be back on track.

The first step in the procedure happens today when Tom has a filter placed in an artery so that should his blood clot break free during or after the next surgery it will not make its way to the heart or lungs.

On March 11, we will return to Methodist for the actual tumor removal.
There is not a thing we need but your love and prayers. And frankly we would really appreciate all you can spare. Thank you again.

Love Theresa

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Theresa and Tom,

My prayers and thoughts are with both of you. Stay strong Tom!

Susan McClurg

Texas Trail Runner said...

Of course we will be sending out our prayers to you! I need my good looking sag guy- and I need him healthy! How else am I going to convince his half-crazy wife to go on running adventures? Tom and Theresa, you guys are just the coolest, neatest, awesome people ever---

Big Hugs and Kisses

Texas Trail Runner said...

BTW- I guess I forgot to sign my post!

Texas Trail Runner AKA Jennifer Evans :-)