Thursday, June 4, 2009

A Found Bookmark

A few days ago, on the four month anniversary of Tom's death to be exact, the following comment was posted to this blog from Aaron:
um...well I'm not really sure how to say this but, I checked out a book (technically a graphic novel) from the Austin Public Library yesterday. The book in question is the third volume of Buddha by Osamu Tezuka. As I was reading I found a bookmark that was left in the book. On one side is a photo of man on a plain or desert somewhere with mountains in the distance. On the far right it says 'In Remembrance of "Big Tom" Thomas James Lawrence October 10, 1956 - Eternity'. On the other side are several pictures of, i assume, Thomas along with what seems to be a Journal entry reading '6:00 AM The Idea that Keith Richards could survive me in death is so ironic to me - A bit twisted yes - but so sublime in the perfection of it all - humor me with this one - it's really funny -' and is cut off. One of the photos looks like the one you have with you at the thumb. I tried Googling Thomas name and a search for Big Tom actually got me to the http://tlcare-ts.blogspot.com/2009/02/toms-next-obituary.html page. Thought I'd leave this comment here and see if you knew about the missing bookmark.

Aaron and I have communicated back and forth and I am so amazed by Tom's reach -- now into a managa in the Austin Public Library. If you lost your bookmark or want to provide your comments on the book in question feel free.
Love Theresa

No comments: