Sunday, August 2, 2009

6 months

11/1991
Dear Diary,
I just started this job at UT/TV six months ago and I met the coolest guy. He is tall, and really fine looking. He is a videographer and director and even plays guitars. He is always talking to Susan M and it makes me crazy. I try and sneak a peek at him in the production meetings but I am already so nervous I could throw up. I can’t even talk to him. I hope he asks me out!

7/1992
Dear Diary,
We started dating about six months ago. I am head over heels. His name is Tom Lawrence and this is just amazing. The first time we touched was at this convenience store on the corner of Montrose and Westheimer. Tom was paying for something and my hand was on the counter. I moved it over and the side of our hands touched. It was ELECTRIC!!! (Since then we have touched more :))

2/14/1999
Dear Diary,
Tom proposed last night! Actually he proposed on our first date and we waited seven years because of me. But it is happening soon! We are planning on wedding in August!

1/17/2000
Dear Diary,
We have now been married for six months. What an amazing life I have. We are both hugely flawed but it is so great being married. We are a strong, united team and I can’t wait for every new day.

5/2001
Dear Diary,
We are in our house and finally moved in. It took six months to get unpacked but we are done and settling in for a long, wonderful hot summer. We got a BBQ grill from KnowledgeWire friends and plan on using it just about every night!

3/2003
Dear Diary,
In September we are going to climb Kilimanjaro in Africa. We are going with Siva and Michael. We have been training for months but really ramping up now. It is going to be the most wonderful and hard “vacation” of our lives.

8/2004
Dear Diary,
Tom has decided to run the Houston Marathon in February 2005. He started running with Galloway and I changed groups to run with him. He has about six months left to train and we will tackle that race like nobody’s business!


4/2005
Dear Diary,
It has been half a year since Tom’s dad passed away. I am so happy Tom went and was able to see Mr. Lawrence before he passed. Tom misses him so very much but the funeral was very noble. Especially the police parade thanks to Austin.


12/2007
Dear Diary,
It has been six months since Tom was diagnosed with GBM. Surgery & chemotherapy…He is strong, fighting like crazy and beyond optimistic. Boy do I love him.

1/2009
Dear Diary,
In six months we will have our 10th anniversary. With hope Tom will be back in the saddle. We always talked about going to Hawaii on our fifth anniversary but did not make it. This time I will make sure it happens.

8/2/2009
Dear Diary,
Tom passed away six months ago today. That is roughly 1080 nights and 1080 days. It is several 1000 cries, a few prayers and lots and lots of Tom thoughts. I can’t wait until someday I write: “I have been in Heaven with Tom 30 weeks now and it seems like the blink of an eye.” That will be a terrific diary entry.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Oh, T. You are so loved.