Friday, October 9, 2009

10.10 Happy Birthday Tom



10.10 is Tom's birthday. So I am going to sing him happy birthday. But when you read the words I need you to picture it correctly.

Remember Marilyn singing to Mr. President? Start there. Then imagine the singer is many pounds lighter than Ms. Monroe but not nearly as curvaceous, or voluptuous. Both are blond. One is natural. Tonight's singer is in running shorts and a t-shirt and has wet hair from walking the dog. But in her mind it is a wonderful gown with sequins and full length.

The lighting is actually similar. While I am not under glaring lights in a huge theater I do have a very bright desk lamp shining in my eyes. The song's cadence is about the same in both cases. But tonight the song is neither sultry nor sexy. It is actually sad and quiet. And you can sing along if you want. Be sure and look at the pictures of Tom. It is the earliest (on right) and last birthday pictures I have of him.

Ready?

Happy birthday to you.
Happy birthday to you.
Happy birthday Dearest Tom.
Happy birthday to you.

I miss you baby.

No comments: