Thursday, April 30, 2009

Tom's Eulogy from Ward



First: read I Corinthians 13:11-13

For those of you who don't know it, Tom and I were born on the same day. Yes, we are twins.

In our early years, we had our times when we laughed and played together. Then there were times that we fought and argued. We were born ten minutes apart. Tom being born first would never let me forget it. Then there were times Tom would be a bossy pain in the rear. I would take it up to the point to where I could no longer take his bossiness from him. Then as a result, we would come to blows. Dad would come into our room and say "If you guys want to fight, go outside and do it." Right after our Dad said that the fight would end and we would cool off in a hurry.

There were times when Tom saw me as an aggravating pain in the rear, and rightfully so. I used to hide behind doors, walls and in closets or where ever. I would then jump out, make a loud noise and scare the living daylights out of him. I'd also go to great lengths to aggravate him, and the methods I'd use would be too numerous to mention. He would get so mad that his eyes would narrow. He would then grit his teeth and his face would turn as red as a lobster. Then we would come to blows again, Dad would come and tell us to take It outside if we wanted to fight. Again we'd cool off in a hurry.

But, more often then not we enjoyed playing together. Together we played catch, checkers and other games. We had such fun playing games with one another. By the time we reached high school, we developed different interests. Tom was more into music and art, where I was more into physical fitness and sports. Even though we were twins, we were as different as night and day.

As we grew older our childish differences subsided and we became more like friends. Then as we grew into adulthood, he got into video production while I was more into landscaping and landscaping maintenance. We pretty much led our own lives. As time went on, we both would be so busy with our own lives that we rarely had time to see or speak with one another. When the holidays came around we would reunite and be together again. These times would be among the most joyous and memorable times of my life. We always gave each other a hug and we were glad to see each other.

Through all the years of knowing Tom, I have always admired him. His intelligence, his talents, the fact that he was never shy and his ability to make friends easily. Yes, Tom and I had some good times together and we also had our bad times. But through our bad times we always had enough room in our hearts to forgive each other. The love we had for each other was much stronger than any differences we might have had. We never held a grudge against each other. Yes, I am very sorrowful over the loss of my twin brother, but I am also very joyful for his gain.

GOODBYE TOM -

You've been an outstanding brother as well as an outstanding individual

YOU'RE LOVING BROTHER,
WARD

No comments: